Serenata 2019 will feature mobile bidding using 501 Auctions' software! Here's how to bid:
You will need to register (if you purchase Serenata tickets online you are automatically
registered for the auction). When you arrive at the event, you will be checked in at the registration table by providing your mobile phone number and credit card. You will receive a text message on your mobile phone with the
link to the official auction site.
Simply open your text message and click on the link to open the auction site.
You do not need to download an app or open a separate browser.
Select “Click here to Bid” on the homepage and you will be presented with the following options:
• Search by Item Number or Keyword – enter item name or number and hit search, which will take you
to the item page to place a bid
• View All - see all auction items
• Categories – browse items by category
• My Items – items you have a bid on or are “watching”
• Donate – make a tax-deductible donation
Bids can be placed via smart phone, tablet or computer. If you do not have a smart phone or don’t want to bring your phone to the event, there will be volunteers with iPads at the event in the silent auction section who can register you and take your bid for any item.
HOW DO I PLACE A BID?
To place a bid, select an item and choose “Bid”; the software will automatically display the current bid amount
and you will be asked by pop-up screen to confirm your bid. A second box will appear to let you know if you are currently winning the item. If someone has outbid you, you will be asked to enter in a higher bid.
For easier bidding you can also do the following:
• Change the bid amount – you can manually enter any amount that is greater than the “next bid”
• Set a maximum bid – So that you don’t risk getting outbid at the last minute, everyone is encouraged to set a max bid. The auction software will automatically raise your bid by a pre-determined increment until your maximum bid has been met or the silent auction ends.
• Watch Item – add an item to your “My Items” list for easy reference later
Once you have bid on an item, you can keep track of your bids under the "My Items" icon on your mobile
device or by asking one of our auction assistants with a tablet to look it up.
When the auction ends, everyone who wins an item (you will be notified by a text on your phone
or by a volunteer if you are the winner) will need to go to one of the checkout locations to claim your item(s). Your item will be charged to the credit card you provided. If you do not win any items or make any purchases, your card will not be charged.
Visit the registration table at any time during the evening for assistance with bidding. Volunteers will be available throughout the evening to help with bidding on your phone or can place a bid for you on a 501 tablet.