Friends of the National Zoo is using mobile bidding for the 2019 ZooFari silent auction!
You will be able to view items as well as bid online for the Silent Auction. Whether you're at the event or viewing from home, you can use this website to bid. The process is easy and fun! Should you need any assistance at the event, volunteers will be available to help guests navigate the new system.
How it Works:
- Register online via the "register" link in the top right corner of this page.
- A confirmation text or e-mail with the auction link will be sent to you. Click on that link to browse the catalog and choose from the many great items you would like to bid on. You do not need to download an app or open a separate browser.
- Place your bid on a selected item, with an option of setting a maximum bid.
- You will be notified via text or email if you have been outbid.
Registering online is the quickest, easiest way to place bids in the auction and will also help us provide you with a speedy check-in and check-out at the event. Your card will not be charged unless you win an auction item or make a donation.
When the silent auction closes, you will receive a text message or email if you won any items.
Your Personal Bidding Console
– See all auction items
– Browse items by category
– Items you have bid on or are “watching”
– Make a tax-deductible donation
– Information on event sponsors
Items Without Bids
– List of Items with no bids
Item Number or Keyword
– Enter your item name or number and hit Search, which will take you to the item page to place a bid
How to Place a Bid
– Automatically enters the next minimum bid amount; you will be asked by pop-up screen to confirm your bid
Change Bid Amount
– You can manually enter any amount that is greater than the “next bid”
Set Maximum Bid
– So that you don’t risk getting outbid at the last minute, everyone is encouraged to set a max bid. The auction software will automatically raise your bid by a pre-determined increment until your maximum bid has been
met or the silent auction ends
– Adds items to your “My Items” list for easy reference later
Thank you for supporting the National Zoo!