Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact with questions before the auction?
- Please contact finance(at)fairfaxdemocrats.org
How do I register for the auction?
- You are registered once you purchase your ticket(s)/sponsorship and created a profile. A personalized bidding link will be sent to your email and mobile phone (via text) once bidding opens. Please DO NOT SHARE this link with anyone.
Someone else purchased my ticket. How can I register to bid?
- Visit this link: https://www.501auctions.com/fcdc/register and pre-register your credit card. All information is securely encrypted and you will not be charged unless you make a donation or win an item. All credit cards are accepted.
I'm sorry to miss the event, can I still participate in the auction?
- Yes! Visit this link: https://www.501auctions.com/fcdc/register and pre-register your credit card. All information is securely encrypted and you will not be charged unless you make a donation or win an item. All credit cards are accepted. Please note, any items that are "won" must be picked up from the FCDC office by May 31, 2018.
I don't want my credit card stored anywhere. How can I participate in the auction?
- Once you are checked in to the event, you will receive your personalized bidding link, even though you will not have a credit card attached to your account. You can bid through that link. If you win an item, you will need to pick up and pay for your items at checkout. You can either swipe a credit card at that time, or pay by check.
I pre-registered with a credit card, but I would rather pay for my auction winnings with a check, cash or a different credit card. What do I do?
- Credit cards won't be charged until you pick up your winnings at check out. At that time, please tell the volunteers if you want to check out using a different payment method than what you pre-registered.
Will online/mobile bidding the only way to place a bid on silent auction items?
- Yes. FCDC is excited to announce that we have gone high-tech for the 2018 Jefferson Obama Dinner. The only way to bid on silent auction items is via online/mobile bidding. Connect to your personalized bidding page by logging in to the website from your home computer or click on the text link sent to your phone or email to view your personal bidding page. There will NOT be any paper bid forms at the auction.
I purchased tickets for multiple people. How will personalized bidding links be assigned?
- Only one bidding link will be provided for you and your spouse/guest so you don't bid against each other. If you wish to have additional bidding links for your spouse or other guests, you can request them the night of the auction or send a message to finance(at)fairfaxdemocrats.org. Please keep in mind that if you and your spouse/guest have separate bidding links you will have to go through the check out process for each individual.