The Center for Discovery, Inc. Auction Policy
By bidding in The Center for Discovery’s online auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules:
- Bidders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successful bidders will receive an email invoice within 24 hours of the auction close.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” The Center for Discovery has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. You are encouraged to request additional photos to examine for item quality and/or contact The Center for Discovery to ask questions about an item (845-707-8507) or email@example.com). No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability. The Center for Discovery is a New York Not-for-Profit Corporation and is a tax exempt entity pursuant to Section 501 (c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. All payments made in response to this auction are considered contributions to The Center for Discovery and are non-refundable.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction. For your contribution, you will receive the item indicated, together with a statement of its market value. The full amount of your accepted bid is a non-refundable charitable contribution that may be fully or partially deductible by you in accordance with federal and state tax laws. If your bid is accepted, you should consult with your tax advisor as to whether all or part of your contribution may be deducted on your taxes.
- Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- “Expiration Dates”, “Blackout Dates”, “Valid dates of Use” listed in item descriptions are non-negotiable.
- Full payment is charged to your Credit Card on file unless you contact The Center for Discovery to inform our office of your intent to pay with cash at 845-707-8507 within 48 hours of auction close. The Center for Discovery accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover (through our online auction payment processor Stripe) or a check made payable to The Center for Discovery, Inc..
- Following validation of payment, The Center for Discovery will make every attempt to ship your tangible within three weeks. Time sensitive items will ship first. Please consider that shipping is done during normal work hours, and not during the weekend. If you need to make adjustments to your shipping address, please contact The Center for Discovery at 845-707-8507.
- If payment is not made, or card declines, The Center for Discovery will make an attempt to collect payment, through the contact information used at bidder registration. If response is not returned within one week of end of auction, The Center for Discovery will consider the item unclaimed, without prior arrangements, the item will be sold to the next highest bidder and proceeds will go to The Center for Discovery.
- The Center for Discovery reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction. It is the responsibility of the winning bidder to make arrangements with the item’s donor or assigned contact listed on certificates.
- The Center for Discovery at its sole discretion, may ban from further use any buyer which The Center for Discovery believes to have in any way misrepresented itself or failed to abide by the terms, or conducted any improper auction behavior as determined solely by The Center for Discovery.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from The Center for Discovery, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.