In 1971 Charles F. (Charlie) Wagner and his wife Lorna Belle Glos Wagner decided to start a winery with their son Charles J. (Chuck) Wagner, who had just graduated from high school. Thus Caymus Vineyards was born.
Charlie, Lorna Belle, and Chuck worked together as a remarkable team for over 30 years building Caymus Cabernet. Today, Caymus Vineyards remains 100% family-owned by the Wagners as Chuck's children Charlie, Joe, and Jenny, have since joined the team.
Caymus Vineyards produces two Cabernets Sauvignons: a “Napa Valley” and the venerable “Special Selection.” Both Cabernet bottlings have aromas and flavors, which can only be achieved through “hang time,” a technique which chances the loss of crop if early winter sets in. Leaving the fruit to “hang” on the vine unusually long develops suppleness, increases color, and matures the tannins of the grapes. The wines are abundant in textural tannins yet soft as velvet. Caymus offers a wide array of aromas and flavors including cocoa, cassis, and vanilla.
Celebrate the famous Caymus Cabernets when you bid high and win this exceptional lot of timeless family-farmed wine.
This lot includes:
- 3L 2012 Caymus 40th Anniversary Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, signed by Chuck Wagner (RP 96, WS 91)
- 750mL 2009 Caymus Special Select Cabernet Sauvignon (WS 93)
- 750mL 2010 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 94, WS 92)
- 750mL 2011 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 90, WS 92)
- 750mL 2012 Caymus 40th Anniversary Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 96, WS 91)
- 750mL 2013 Caymus 40th Anniversary Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 750mL 2014 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 94, WS 90)
- 750mL 2015 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 94)
George & Stephanie Brannon Jr.