Napa Valley has one of the highest concentrations of cult wines in the world. The wines are almost always Cabernet Sauvignon—this is Napa Valley, after all—and are complex, densely structured, and absolutely beautiful to experience.
Schrader’s reputation as a cult wine is built on wine made from famed grape grower Andy Beckstoffer’s vineyards. His most notable wines source from the legendary Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard in Oakville, which grows some of the best, and most expensive, Cabernet Sauvignon in the world. Winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown brings his “no-holds-barred” approach into the cellar solidifying Schrader’s spot in the cult catalog.
A staple of the Napa Valley cult wine scene, Colgin Cellars produces stunning wines from atop the trendy Mount Pritchard. Ann Colgin founded the winery in 1992 and has seen nine 100-point scores from Robert Parker roll in since 2002. Their hallmark wine is IX Estate Red Wine, a classic Bordeaux blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot that epitomizes harmony.
Rounding out this list of legends is Scarecrow and the one that started it all, Screaming Eagle. Founded by realtor Jean Phillips, Screaming Eagle’s first vintage in 1992 sent shock waves through the wine community. Bold, luscious, and softer than velvet but with a steel backbone, Screaming Eagle was soon in demand everywhere as prices soared from $75 to $750 per bottle in just a few years. Credited with starting the California cult wine craze, Screaming Eagle sells for $2,500 - $7,000 per bottle on the open market today.
This lot includes:
- One (1) 750mL bottle of 2014 Screaming Eagle (RP 97+, WS 94)
- Two (2) 750mL bottles of 2006 Schrader Beckstoffer Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 95, WS 96)
- Two (2) 750mL bottles of 2009 Schrader T6 Beckstoffer to Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon
(RP 97, WS 97)
- Two (2) 750mL bottles of 2015 Schrader RBS Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon (RP98+)
- Three (3) 750mL bottles of 2012 Scarecrow Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 98, WS 95)
- Three (3) 750mL bottles of 2012 Colgin “IX” Estate (RP 99, WS 94)