This lot benefits: Children in Crisis, Inc.
The staff at Children in Crisis are working to not only provide homes for abused, neglected, and abandoned children within our community, but also to establish hope for those that enter into their care. Since opening their doors in 2008, they can proudly say that they have never been forced to separate brother and sister sibling groups. This accomplishment is due, in part, to your generosity over the years.
With its narrow cobblestone streets, leafy courtyards, fine architectural details and sumptuous interiors, San Miguel de Allende is arguably the prettiest town in Mexico. Located in Guanajuato state, 165 miles northeast of Mexico City and 60 miles from the state capital, Guanajuato city, San Miguel is located in Mexico’s hilly central highlands. With its colonial architecture, and ever- growing creative class, this Mexican mountain city—an expatriate enclave since the 1940s— continues to bewitch travelers.
Welcome to Casa de los Chiqueados, where classic charm meets modern luxury. Enter the courtyard and be captivated by a sense of history. Feel as though you have stepped into a tranquil and elegant oasis. This beautiful casa has been lovingly restored and refurbished by skilled local craftsmen and artisans directed by Christina Ruckel. Christina and her restoration team did an excellent job of showcasing elegant ironwork, finely carved woodwork, hand-woven textiles, handmade tiles and handicrafts found in surrounding pueblitos. You will reside in one of the two-bedroom unique private residences, each blending old world charm with modern comforts and conveniences to add a touch of romance and luxury. With a spacious rooftop terrace, we invite you to relax in front of the fireplace with your morning coffee or enjoy a quiet afternoon read with your favorite beverage. This convenient location is a short walk to the garden and Parroquia as well as the many artisan’s shops, magnificent colonial buildings, cafés, restaurants and so much more. All yours to discover!
Named for precious gemstones, each private residence is a treasure in its own way. Horseback riding, a guided walking tour of the historic San Miguel market, transportation, and exquisite food and wine pairings are all a part of this truly unique experience.
This lot includes:
- Seven (7) nights in one of the two (2) bedroom private residences at Casa de los Chiqueados
- Transportation to and from the airport for four (4) people
- Horseback riding and a ranch lunch for four (4) people
- Dinner, drinks, and fun for four (4) people at Don Felix restaurant
- Driver and guide for one (1) day
- Welcome champagne/wine and fruit
- Cocktail reception at the beautiful home of Christina Ruckel and Gary Cook
- Use of the owner’s private four-wheeler for the full week
- Guided walking tour of the famous, historic San Miguel market
- Private reception/showing and design consultation at a jeweler’s home
- Private tour of Cañada de la Virgen archaeological zone with Albert Coffee followed by lunch with foods from the pyramid era. Tours run Tuesday to Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Supporters of Children in Crisis, Inc.
Accommodations based upon availability and 90-day advanced reservations are required. Offer expires April 30, 2019.