With world-class museums, quirky festivals, theatre, live music, laid-back bars, and delightful restaurants, there’s never a shortage of things to do in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Two couples will get a glimpse into the Golden Age while spending five nights in the city’s Canal District. Experience complete immersion into 19th century architecture while enjoying all the modern conveniences of home. A bottle of bubbly awaits in your private suite to welcome you to Holland.
Amsterdam is a vibrant and compact city, ideal for discovery on foot. Enjoy breakfast each morning before venturing out for a series of private, guided tours. Spend your first full day strolling around the center of the city with your guide learning about Amsterdam’s rich history. Break for lunch at one of the many local restaurants on Herengracht before continuing on to Het Grachtenhuis for a private tour of a museum dedicated to Amsterdam’s famous canal system. Head back to Amsterdam for dinner in the northern part of the city in the revolving restaurant Moon at the stunning A’dam Tower, the former Shell headquarters turned dance and music epicenter. Feeling daring? Thrill seekers can experience Over the Edge, Europe’s highest swing, and take in an unrivalled view of the nation’s capital.
Get lost in the beauty of Rijksmuseum, the national museum of Dutch art and history with a wonderful collection spanning 800 years, spread over 80 rooms. Marvel at works from the Dutch Golden Age, Rembrandt, Vermeer, and de Hooch. The Rijksmuseum private tour follows the development of Dutch art from the origins of the Dutch Republic to the founding of the Dutch East India Company and beyond.
Start your fourth day visiting Scheepvaartmuseum (Maritime Museum) and allow “extraordinary people from an extraordinary era tell you their story” as you travel through this interactive museum. As the best way to explore the canals is by boat, we’ve arranged for you to grab a cocktail and board a traditional salon boat for a private cruise. Disembark near Dam Square and visit one of the city’s oldest liqueur distilleries. Wynand Fockink produces more than 70 Dutch liqueurs and genevers using the same 17th-century craft techniques used when opening for business in 1679.
Spend your final morning in Amsterdam engaging in an activity of your choice such as a tour of Van Gogh Museum, Rembrandt House, or the Heineken Brewery. Enjoy your last evening experiencing the city’s lively arts scene as you attend an event of your choice. Depending on the timing of your trip, choose from a plethora of cultural activities such as the ballet, Grachtenfestival, Prinsengrachtfestival, and Muziek Theater Amsterdam. Retire back to your room at the end of each day and unwind with a glass of wine.
This lot includes:
- Five (5) nights for two (2) couples in a junior suite at a deluxe boutique hotel or private apartment located in Amsterdam’s Canal District
- VIP meet and greet at the airport gate and quick pass through customs
- Private transportation for the duration of your stay
- Complimentary bottle of champagne
- Guided walking tour for two (2) couples
- Private tour of Grachtenhuis museum for two (2) couples
- Guided tour of Rijksmuseum for two (2) couples
- Private, guided two-hour canal cruise for two (2) couples inclusive of drinks and bitterballs
- Tasting at Wynand Fockink for two (2) couples
- Private museum tour of Scheepvaartmuseum for two (2) couples
- $300 toward two (2) museum, cultural, or sporting activities of your choice for two (2) couples
- $400 toward a cultural evening out for two (2) couples
Based on availability and mutually agreeable dates. Lodging options are based on availability. Upgrades to accommodations are available for an additional expense. Expires December 20, 2019.