Your South African adventure begins in Cape Town at The Bay Hotel. Located on Camps Bay, a short walk to the Atlantic Ocean with the Twelve Apostle mountain range as its backdrop, the hotel offers the perfect setting to relax and reenergize after a long flight. Watch the sunset at the Sandy B Private Beach Club, enjoy a culinary feast on property, and end the night at Caamil’s Bar, famously known as the best barman in Cape Town. Spend four nights enjoying the culture and beauty of Cape Town as you embark on a trip to Zeits Museum of Contemporary Arts (MOCA) complete with a guided city tour explaining its extraordinarily colorful history and historic roots. Take a cable car up to the legendary Table Mountain and a boat trip to the deeply moving former prison on Robbin Island where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated. Delight your palate with cuisine from Test Kitchen, ranked in the top 50 of the Elite Travelers ‘Top 100 Restaurants’ for the last three years. Test Kitchen is a perfect place to experience why Cape Town is regarded as one of the world’s best culinary destinations.
Depart Cape Town and travel Southeast along the coast to the beautiful seaside resort town of Hermanus. Located on Walker Bay and known as the premier whale watching destination in South Africa, you’re invited to relax and enjoy all that the beauty of Voëlklip Beach and the broad Grotto Beach have to offer. Within the greater region of Walker Bay is the internationally renowned wine appellation of Hemel–en–Aarde Valley, which translate to Heaven and Earth. This is where the fun really begins as you meet up with your gracious hosts, Anthony and Olive Hamilton Russell from Hamilton Russell Vineyards. Start your day with a mid-morning barrel cellar tasting with Anthony followed by a feast at their home that Olive will have waiting for you. The Birkenhead Hotel, with its cliff top setting, will be your home for the next two nights. Your hotel will provide the perfect location to watch Southern Right and Humpback Whales from the shoreline with a glass of Salon Champagne. The more adventurous are invited to paddle out and ride the waves with them or head offshore and swim with the sharks. A cage is recommended!
After six nights of world-class hotels and ocean breezes, the last two nights will be spent in exotic “bush luxury” at Singita Ebony Lodge, Sabi Sand, a world-famous, privately-owned game reserve. Adjacent to the Kruger National Park, these pristine lands are home to the world’s most beautiful and exotic animals, from leopards and lions to elephants and buffalo. There is no better way to end your trip than a safari!
This lot includes:
- Four (4) nights at The Bay Hotel, Camps Bay, Cape Town for three (3) couples
- Two (2) nights at Birkenhead House Hotel in Hermanus for three (3) couples
- Two (2) nights at Singita Ebony, Sabi Sands Game Reserve for three (3) couples
- Trip to Zeits Museum of Contemporary Art Africa for three (3) couples
- Dinner at The Test Kitchen for three (3) couples
- Robbin Island trip for three (3) couples
- Cable car trip up Table Mountain for three (3) couples
- Private Cape Town city tour for three (3) couples
- Transfers for three (3) couples from Cape Town to Hermanus
- Private vertical tasting hosted by Anthony Hamilton Russell in the underground barrel cellar on Hamilton Russell Vineyards
- Lunch with Anthony and Olive Hamilton Russell at their private home on Hamilton Russell Vineyards
- Southern Right Whale watching excursion for three (3) couples
- Great White Shark cage diving trip for three (3) couples
- Transfer from Hermanus to Cape Town International Airport for three (3) couples
Must be booked by November 30, 2018 and is limited to availability and mutually agreeable dates between June 1, 2019 – July 31, 2019. All excursions are weather dependent.