Dating back to the late 1800s, the story of Larkmead spans two families and over 100 acres of valley floor vineyard. The Estate has been part of the Solari family for nearly 70 years, continuing the proud tradition of producing world-class wines that was started in 1895.
Named after the coveted jewel located in the heart of the mountain in JRR Tolkien’s 1937 classic The Hobbit
, the Krausz family has been cultivating gem-quality wines at Arkenstone Estate Winery located in the heart of Howell Mountain since 1988. This incredible lot combines rare vertical vintages from two powerhouse wineries while allowing you to catch an intimate, invitation-only look at both breathtaking properties.
Two couples are invited to join winemaker Dan Petroski for a behind-the-scenes tour of Larkmead Vineyards. Visit the winery’s barrel and tank rooms, and learn about Larkmead’s farming and winemaking philosophies before being guided through a tasting of select current and past vintages. The Gallery at Larkmead, adorned with original art by proprietor Kate Baker, serves as a cheerful venue to enjoy lunch.
Join the Krausz family and winemaker Sam Kaplan for an in-depth look at Arkenstone. Treat your taste buds with a special tasting of vintages old and new as you enjoy an unforgettable lunch on site. Dine in classic wine country style at a top Napa restaurant with the vintners from Larkmead and Arkenstone.
The wines offered in this spectacular auction lot will be a tremendous addition to your cellar!
This lot includes:
- Tour, tasting, and lunch at Larkmead Vineyards hosted by winemaker Dan Petroski for two (2) couples
- Tour, tasting, and lunch at Arkenstone Winery hosted by the Krausz Family for two (2) couples
- Wine dinner with the vintners from Larkmead and Arkenstone at a top Napa Valley restaurant for two (2) couples
- One (1) 750mL vertical of 2004 (RP 99, WS 94), 2005 (RP 99, WS 91), 2006 (RP 96) Larkmead Solari
- One (1) 750mL vertical of 2013 (RP 96, WS 90), 2014 (RP 99), 2015 (RP 93+) Larkmead Solari
- One (1) 750mL vertical of 2004 (RP 96), 2005 (RP 91), 2006 (RP 94) Larkmead Cabernet Sauvignon
- One (1) 750mL vertical of 2013 (RP 93), 2014 (RP 93), 2015 (RP 93) Larkmead Cabernet Sauvignon
- One (1) 1.5L vertical of 2013 (RP 93), 2014 (RP 93), 2015 (RP 93) Larkmead Cabernet Sauvignon
- One (1) 750mL vertical of 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (RP 97), 2013 (RP 98+), 2014 (RP 94+), 2015 (RP 97) Arkenstone Proprietary Red Obsidian Estate
- One (1) 1.5L of 2013 Arkenstone Proprietary Red Obsidian Estate (RP 98+)
- One (1) 1.5L vertical of 2013, 2014 (RP 90), 2015 (RP 92) Arkenstone NVD Cabernet Sauvignon
Visits to Larkmead Vineyards, Arkenstone Winery, and the adjoining restaurant reservations are based on availability on mutually agreeable dates. Expires April 30, 2019.