Two couples will enjoy the experience of a lifetime while traveling throughout South Africa in style. Begin your journey with a one-night stay in Sandton at the five-star Da Vinci Hotel, located just 30 minutes from Johannesburg International. Board your private charter the next morning and head to Molori Safari Lodge for four incredible nights. Molori is truly a unique property, with only five suites and 35 staff including a world-class chef and two award-winning guides. Each of the spacious, 6,000-square foot, two-bedroom Molelo Presidential Suites combine elegance with modern African design elements, offering a magnificent elevated view across the African landscape. Retractable floor-to-ceiling glass doors make the most of the view and give way to a spacious private wooden deck, infinity pool, hot spa bath, and al fresco dining area.
Each morning and afternoon, you’ll be taken on a private, open vehicle safari by Molori’s expert guides to search lions, elephants, antelope, cheetahs, and much more in the 175,000-acre preserve.
The culinary experience at Molori Lodge is truly one of a kind. The Executive Chef and his team will delight your taste buds at every meal, which will be paired with South Africa’s best wines and a selection of Betz Family wines pulled from your private space in Molori’s wine cellar. Unwind at the end of the day with a trip to the lodge’s world-class spa.
After four magical nights at Molori, you’ll fly to Cape Town’s Cape Winelands and stay in Steve and Bridgit Griessel’s favorite area five-star boutique hotel, Babylonstoren, in a two-bedroom suite. Dating back to 1692, Babylonstoren served as the halfway station between Europe and Asia, where ships would replenish with water and fresh produce from the farm’s garden. Babylonstoren is a working winery and fruit farm with a beautiful hotel, restaurant, and breathtaking tasting room.
Spend your days being toured by a personal guide through nearby vineyards, where you’ll experience intimate tastings from famous South African winemakers and culinary treats from some of the best restaurants in the country. Relax and enjoy, because the Griessel’s will make these reservations for you.
One of the evenings during your stay will be spent having a winemaker dinner with Carl van der Merwe and his wife Kathleen, Betz Family’s partner in South Africa in their new winery, Quinta Essentia. Quinta Essentia is dedicated to rediscovering and resurrecting old bush vine Chenin Blanc vineyards in Stellenbosch and making compelling wines that reflect this unique terroir. Chenin Blanc in a national treasure in South Africa and was first planted in 1659. Old dry farmed bush vine Chenin Blanc is ethereal and some of the best white wine in the world.
This lot includes:
- VIP meet and greet to clear customs and immigration in Cape Town
- Accommodations at the DaVinci Hotel in Sandton for one (1) night for two (2) couples
- Private vehicle transfers to and from charter flights
- A backpack and luggage bag for the trip that works in light aircraft
- 1.5L 2015 Betz Family Winery Pere de Famille Cabernet Sauvignon (RP 97)
- 1.5L 2016 Quinta Essentia Chenin Blanc, Stellenbosch South Africa
- A spot for each couple on the Betz Family Winery’s private member mailing list, which is currently closed with a three-year wait list
- Molori Safari Lodge in Madikwe Game Reserve
- Private, round-trip air charter directly to Molori Safari Lodge from Lanseria Airport in Johannesburg for two (2) couples
- Four (4) nights in the two (2) Presidential Suites at Molori Safari Lodge
- All meals, drinks, activities, and game drives are included throughout the stay
- A selection of Betz Family wines and fine South African wines hand-selected for the winners by Steve Griessel in your own area of the wine cellar at Molori
- Commercial flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town
- Cape Winelands, South Africa
- Three (3) nights accommodations in a two-bedroom suite at Babylonstoren a five-star boutique hotel on a working wine farm in the heart of wine country for two (2) couples
- Breakfast daily
- Private guide and vehicle throughout stay
- Private tastings at world-class wineries each day
- Winemaker Dinner with Carl van der Merwe Quinta Essentia’s Winemaker
Airfare to South Africa is not included. Trip to be scheduled a minimum of four months in advance for mutually agreeable dates. Subject to availability and blackout dates. Gratuities and meals, excluding the Quinta Essentia dinner, in Cape Winelands are not included. Expires April 30, 2019.