Bidding at Home
Welcome the 2018 Black Tie & Tails Ball website! It is our hope that you will take a virtual tour of our auction site and place a bid to support all of the wonderful animals at Carolina Tiger Rescue.
The Silent Auction will open at 7:00am on Sunday, February 18th for pre-bidding and it will not close until the night of the Ball. All bidding in the Silent Auction will be entered electronically through 501 Auctions, our auction service. To participate at home, you must register with 501 Auctions online.
Below are some helpful hints to place your bids. You'll see how quick and easy it is to place a bid for the auction...have fun!
You will need to register (name, email address, street address, mobile number and a password). Once registered, you will receive a text message with the link to the official auction site (www.501auctions.com/blacktieandtailsball).
Simply open your text message and click on the link to be redirected to the site. You do not need to download an app or open a separate browser.
Select Sign In or Register on the homepage. Once in the system, you will be presented with the following options on the left sidebar:
- Search by Item Number or Keyword: enter item name or number and hit search, which will take you to the item page to place a bid
- View All: see all auction items
- Categories: browse items by category
- My Items: items you have bid on or are “watching”
- Donate: make a tax-deductible donation in support of our food fund
You can bid on your computer, smartphone, or tablet before and during the event. If you don't have a smartphone or tablet to bring to the event, don't worry! We'll have attendants with iPads and laptops helping you make your bids throughout the night.
HOW DO I PLACE A BID?To place a bid, select an item and choose “Bid”; the software will automatically display the current bid amount and you will be asked by pop-up screen to confirm your bid. A second box will appear to let you know if you are currently winning the item. If someone has outbid you, you will be asked to enter in a higher bid.
For easier bidding you can also do the following:
- Change the bid amount – you can manually enter any amount that is greater than the “next bid.”
- Set a maximum bid – So that you don’t risk getting outbid at the last minute, everyone is encouraged to set a max bid. The auction software will automatically raise your bid by a predetermined increment until your maximum bid has been met or the silent auction ends.
- Watch Item – add an item to your “My Items” list for easy reference later.
Most Silent Items will be available for bids throughout the evening, however, we may take some items LIVE if an item is in high demand. Be sure to “Set a maximum bid” so you can stay in the bidding war. If you are interested in any of our Live items, be sure to send in a Ghost or Proxy bid!
All items should be picked up at the end of the event.
BID AT HOME
If you LOVE Carolina Tiger Rescue’s auction items but can’t make it to the Black Tie and Tails Ball, you can still bid on auction items and support the Big Cats!
All items will need to be picked up at the Carolina Tiger Rescue office in Pittsboro. If you cannot pick it up, we are happy to mail to you but will charge postage.