FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
10 Things to Know Before You Go
1. Event Location:
200 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
map + directions
Please note that entry for the Auction is off of Carnegie Way at 157 Carnegie Way, Atlanta, GA 30303.
The parking deck is located at 150 Carnegie Way, Atlanta, GA 30303.
Ride share drop off address is 157 Carnegie Way, Atlanta, GA 30303
One may enter the event facility via Carnegie Way from either the 2nd floor of the parking deck or ride share drop off (both street level), or via the Skybridge from the 6th floor of the parking deck. The preferred event entrance is the street level entrance.
Purchase $50 tickets in advance and we will have your name at check in. Advance ticket sales close at noon on Saturday, February 24. After that time, tickets can be purchased at the door for $75. It is strongly recommended that you purchase tickets in advance as this pre-registers you for mobile bidding, which expedites entry.
3. What's Inside (besides great art)
4. Silent Auction + Pre-Bidding:
- Complimentary small bites by some of Atlanta's favorite chef's and restaurants
- Well-stocked cash bars. Cash, Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX accepted. Tipping is encouraged as tips go to support Art Papers. Please note there will be no ATM onsite.
- Complimentary coat check.
- An Art Deco-inspired photo booth.
- VIP bar and lounge for our host committee and sponsors with open bar and complimentary hors d'oeuvres by Chef David Sweeney.
- Great music by DJ Tim DeGroot and Kissing Electric.
The Silent Auction opens at 8pm and closes at 10:30pm on Saturday, February 24. There will be only the one close out time at 10:30pm. Artworks are available for previewing online (see menu to the left). We will open the Auction for pre-bidding on Saturday, February 17 and will close pre-bidding at 5:00pm on Saturday, February 24 ahead of the party.
Attendees of the VIP Preview have a "buy it now" opportunity to purchase works outright at retail value + 20% before the doors open to the general public. Join the host committee or become a sponsor to take advantage of this great benefit.
All bidding will be done using mobile devices, so come fully charged and make sure to include your cell phone number when buying tickets & registering to bid. Should you need assistance, we will have volunteers available to answer questions and facilitate bidding via iPads.
There are many ways to participate in the Auction. You can set a maximum bid amount on a work of art, and you will receive a text only if you are outbid. Or you can actively participate in the bidding fun. You will receive a text message when you have been outbid prompting you to up your bid. Or you can watch favorite items without the fear of commitment and then swoop in with the winning bid at just the right moment.
5. Payment Options
- Artwork Purchases - Cash and Credit Card - 8.9% sales tax will be added to artwork sales.
- Ticket Purchase - Cash and Credit Card
- Bar - Cash and Credit Card (remember to tip your bartenders)
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX
We DO NOT accept Checks
6. Is My Artwork Purchase Tax Deductible?
Yes, but only the amount paid above the fair market value of the artwork noted on your receipt can be considered a charitable donation, so bid up those artworks. It's for a worthy cause after all.
7. Do I have to be Present to Win?
No, you do NOT have to be present to win. In fact, that's one of the best things about mobile bidding. You can keep actively bidding while offsite, or "set it and forget it" by setting a maximum bid amount. You will be notified via text message if you are the winning bidder and your credit card on file will be charged. Please plan to pick up your artwork at the Auction Venue on Sunday, February 25 between noon and 5pm.
And if you are unable to join us on Saturday night, you can still participate in the Auction by bidding online. All you need to do is register through this website. Look for the Register
button in the top right of the web page. And you will be able to bid on works during the auction.
Disclaimer: All artworks are sold as-is and all sales are final.
8. Parking + Ride Share + Public Transit:
The venue's preferred parking deck is located at 150 Carnegie Way, Atlanta GA, 30303
. Credit cards are accepted. There are also numerous paid parking lots in the immediate area some of which accept credit cards, others only cash.
We encourage you to use an alternative form of transportation such as ride share services from Lyft or Uber. The address for ride share drop off location is 157 Carnegie Way.
This will drop you off at the entrance to the event.
The event venue is also located very near MARTA. Exit at the Peachtree Center Station, the venue is a short, one block walk away at the corner of Carnegie Way and Ellis St. And the Atlanta Streetcar runs immediately adjacent to the venue.
"Art Party Attire" really means anything goes, so put on whatever makes you feel beautiful, handsome, or sexy. We will have complimentary coat check inside.
10. How Do I Get the Work Home?
10a. Parking for Artwork Pick up
- Once paid for, you may hand-carry your artwork out of the building. We will have packing assistance on site. You will be asked to show proof of purchase prior to exiting the event venue.
- You may return to 200 Peachtree St on Sunday, February 25 between noon and 5pm to pick-up your artwork. We will have packing assistance on site. Please enter through the Carnegie Way street level entrance.
- Should you need assistance with the delivery and/or installation of your artwork. We will have shipping assistance on site. Please note that delivery and installation services may require an additional fee to be negotiated directly with the shipper.
- The cost of shipping work from the Art Papers office is not included in the sale price and will be billed separately if applicable.
It will be necessary to park your automobile for artwork pick up. The parking deck at 150 Carnegie Way
is the closest deck. If you have multiple works to carry out or oversized work, we will have volunteers to assist you with transporting your work. We will ask you to bring your car around to the event entrance at 157 Carnegie Way
for easy loading. Please be sure to pull up closer to the loading dock because the streetcar makes a tight turn at the corner of the venue.
Additional Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org