Auction Registration & Eligibility
Registration and participation in the auction is free and open to all individuals who are at least 21 years of age. Please note: you must be registered to bid.
General Bidding Procedures
- To bid on any items, you must login to 501auctions.com/amazinggrapes and bid on items at the website.
- To “raise” an existing bid, enter your bid amount in the indicated space on the page, the bid increment will then update.
- The auto bid feature can be preset to an amount that you decide is your maximum bid amount and the system will automatically update it on your behalf based on the minimum bid increments.
- You will be notified by text and/or e-mail if you are outbid. Be sure to check in regularly to make sure you are still the highest bidder.
The participants with the highest bids at the close of the auction become buyers and are obliged to purchase the items. If no one bids at or above the reserve price, the auction closes without a buyer.
The success of the auction depends on the goodwill of the donors and on careful observance by the buyers of terms stated in descriptions and restrictions. BUYERS SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO ALTER THE TERMS OF A DONATION.
When you register for the auction, your payment preference is kept on file. Should you be the winning bidder, your credit card will be automatically charged.
You do not have to take your items the night of the auction. We would be happy to make arrangements for pickup or possible delivery after the event. All items must be claimed by Monday, April 1, 2019.
Conditions of Participation
Each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules:
Important Tax Information
- The winner is acknowledging that they are participating in an auction and the winner will NOT be able to claim a tax deduction with one exception:
- If a winner’s bid exceeds the item’s value, the full amount paid above and beyond the item’s value is 100% tax deductible. A good faith estimate of the value of all goods and services has been listed and is not warranted by HGGHH for tax purposes or for general value.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules of the auction will result in a participant’s disqualification.
Federal income tax laws and regulations impose important requirements concerning the documentation you must have in order to substantiate the deductibility of certain charitable contributions. Auction purchases are tax deductible only to the extent that the amount paid for an item exceeds the fair market value of that item. Further, the Internal Revenue Service now requires charitable organizations to provide receipts listing the fair market value of each item. You will be sent an electronic receipt that will list both the fair market value of each item purchased and the amount you paid for each item. Please save the receipt for your records in order to substantiate any income tax deductions you may take as a result of your auction purchases. Buyers and donors should consult with their tax advisers for definite advice concerning deductibility.
- Unless otherwise specified, the following conditions apply to all items offered:
- All sales are final. Items and services are sold “as is” and may not be returned or exchanged. No money will be refunded.
- Unless otherwise noted, all travel, hotels, resorts, meals, and other services are valid for one year from the date of purchase. Unless specified, all dates, times, and other accommodations are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and buyer. Buyers are responsible for making arrangements in advance, checking expiration dates and restrictions on contracts, tickets, and/or gift certificates, and for retaining the original paperwork until the donation has been redeemed. We have attempted to ensure the accuracy of the information in this catalog, but errors may have occurred and are not the responsibility of HGGHH.
- Catalog descriptions of items and services include estimates of fair market value. All values are as declared by the donors and are not guaranteed by HGGHH.
- Buyer waives any claim for liability against the HGGHH and its employees, the auction volunteers, and the donor of the wine, items, or services. HGGHH and donor are not responsible for any injuries, death, or property damage that may result from the use of items or services purchased.
- Each lot is described in the lot description as correctly as can be ascertained but buyers of older wines must make appropriate allowances for natural variations of ullages, conditions of cases, labels, corks and wine. There is always a risk of cork failure with old wines and due allowance must be made for this.
- Lots are sold in the condition they are in at the time of the sale. Under no circumstances will a return be accepted or an adjustment of price or credit be made.
- Resort and Hotel properties are not available to student groups or minors unaccompanied by adults.
- Commercial vacations and accommodations require advance reservations; offer is good on a space-available basis.
- Unless otherwise noted, meals, alcoholic beverages, taxes, gratuities, and transportation are not included.
- Reservations are required for most establishments.
- Unless otherwise noted, alcoholic beverages, taxes, and gratuities are not included.
- Gratuities for stylists, technicians, trainers and other service providers are not included in gift certificates.
- Events, performances, and museum tickets/passes that do not specify a date may require advance reservations and be subject to availability.